Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Well That's Odd...


I have recently been noticing and thinking of weird things/quirks that i have/do. Here is what i have come up with so far:
1. I always pick off my mascara when i am bored and/or nervous.
2. I never turn on my headlights when other cars are in sight. I don't know why, it's just odd. NO ONE CAN SEE ME TURN ON MY HEADLIGHTS!!!
3. I give nicknames to everyone. it just happens. i have no control over it, i guess my brain just thinks that i am more qualified and awesome than your parents, so i should get to name you.
4. I use /slashes/ alot. and they are read "slash". example: it's not read "quirks that I have or do", it's read "quirks that i have slash do".
5. I have to have chocolate after every meal. I feel incomplete if I don't. it's like the feeling you get when you leave one of your kids at the gas station on accident and you don't know why you have this weird feeling in your gut. not that i really know what that feeling is like; i don't have kids. but i'm pretty sure it is something close to the feeling i have when i don't have chocolate.
6. I open my mouth wide and stick out my tongue when i'm excited. or so i'm told. I never knew that i did that until one of my roommates told me i did. maybe i actually don't, maybe she made it up. who knows.
7. I hate feet. I'm okay with my own, but no one but me is allowed to touch them. and you dang well better keep your rotten feet to yourself.
8. Despite the fact that i despise feet, I can't stand it when my toenails aren't painted. my feet just look extra fugly when they're not. so i am vigilant in keeping them aesthetically pleasing by applying polish.
9. I am a movie addict. I own about 140 movies (give or take), and it never seems enough. I pretty much don't go a day without watching a movie. well i don't always WATCH the movie, sometimes i just put one in while doing my hair or painting my fugly toenails, or i put one in and then fall asleep ten minutes later. but I love movies. and I buy them all the time. I need to be stopped.
10. I am also addicted to otter pops. i eat about 10 a day. mmmm..... they are the staple of my diet.
11. so i don't know if the last two qualify as quirks.... back on topic. I hiccup. those of you who know me also know my spastic diaphragm just as well. it's not so much a hiccup as a deafening gasp for air. or something. it is hard to find the words to describe it.
12. Lately I have been talking in this stupid "english" accent. I just put this odd inflection in my voice at the end of my questions. it's quite annoying, and i wish i could stop. it gets aggravating. So sorry everyone for the obnoxious accent thingy.
13. I make faces. odd ones. my roommates call me "clay face" because i can contort my face into inhuman forms. sometimes they just bust out randomly, like when i'm shocked or excited, or a myriad of other emotions.
14. When i do my makeup, i ALWAYS get mascara all over my face. every time. without fail. i look like a racoon. or a leper.
15. I always sleep with my teddy bear. once again, i feel incomplete without him.
16. um.... that's about it. I can't think of anything else. Let me know if you think of anything!!

1 comment:

Jake said...

I find all this quite interesting slash disturbing.